Angular 4.2 was released three weeks back itself. The community aware of this release and upgraded in their many projects as well. But from my observation, the release specific features are still not used in most of the projects. Even though this release is not a major one there are many useful features to the Angular community. This release is mainly concentrated on Animation package if you look at the official change log.
The main features of Angular 4.2 release are
The Angular form inputs support validators such as min and max attributes
The ApplicationRef bootstrap method allows bootstrapping the component directly
Enhance i18n tooling such as MissingTranslationStrategy and location notes in translation files.
- The first step on AOT component’s testing approach
- Introduce flag to always compile the generated code.
- Animation options and input params
- The animation() function for reusable animations
- Query for inner elements within animations
- Staggering multiple elements
- Enabled queried elements
- Routable animations
- Programmatic animations using AnimationBuilder
Let’s dive into them one by one. First we will start with generic features in a quick tour.