There are two ways to install typescript tools
- Using npm (a node package manager)
npm install -g typescript
2. Using Typescript’s visual studio plugins
If you are using either Visual Studio 2017 or Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 then it include TypeScript by default. And if you are using older versions then you need to download it separately.
Nowadays, Webpack is a leading bundler for Angular, React and Vue frameworks with various templates. Due to it’s unique syntax who are new to Webpack thinking that it is difficult to configure and using it. But once you are familiar with it’s features then it is very easy to use in all kinds of applications. The current version of webpack is 3.8.1v.
It works with two major goals
- Everything treated as a module which includes JS files, CSS files, image files and HTML files. Also each artifict can be divided into smaller and reusable chunks.
- Load only the modules which you need on demand. Some of the bundlers combines all of the modules into single big bundle.js file which takes more time for initial load.In contrast, Webpack generates several smaller “bundle” files, which loads some parts of the app asynchronously to improve the page load time.
The module methods are mainly used for
- Iterating Arrays, Objects and Strings
- Manipulating and testing values
- Creating composite functions
- Creating own mixins for Lodash
The major features of this library are,
- Modularity and consistency
- Enhances and compatible with ES6/7
- Compatible build available for IE8 and older
- Available in AMD, ES and CommonJS module formats
InquirerJS is an easily embeddable and beautiful command line interface for NodeJS projects. I found this library while I was working with JHipster-PrimeNG module. JHipster provides various modules to generate the modern web applications with the help of Yeoman generator. Internally Yeoman generator uses this library for an interactive question and answer prompts through CLI. But we can use this library in a standalone environment as well. Even though there are full blown command-line utilities such as Commander, Vorpal and args available in the market, the usage and benefits of InquirerJS is quite impressive.
The major tasks of this library includes:
- Asking questions
- Parsing input
- Validating answers
- Providing error feedback
- Managing hierarchical prompts